Background Image

Please use the RAW image option

Back

The Process

Plastic Energy uses its patented Thermal Anaerobic Conversion (TAC) technology to process various types of plastics and complements traditional recycling efforts and energy recovery activities. The process reduces the need for incineration, offering an environmentally friendly and profitable alternative for end-of-life plastics.

Background Image

Please use the RAW image option

Back

Plastics are heated in an oxygen free environment to prevent them from burning, and then broken into hydrocarbons to create the equivalent of a petroleum distillate. There is no burning of the plastics but a melting process with emissions well below European Regulation limits.


Click here to edit this background image
Background Image

Please use the RAW image option

Back

High & Low density Polyethylene

High density polyethylene: examples are crinkly shopping bags, freezer bags, milk bottles, bleach bottles, buckets, rigid pipes and crates.

Low density polyethylene: examples include garbage bags, squeeze bottles, black irrigation tubes and films.


Click here to edit this background image

Of the material produced 90 to 95 per cent is usable for synthetic products and fuels and the remaining 5 per cent to 10 per cent known as ‘Char’ is a solid for various other uses such as fuel or additive or pigment.

Our plants are equipped to process all kinds of plastics through chemical recycling as well as mixes of various types and to convert plastic2plastic as well into fuels and oils. The process profitability varies depending on the plastics and/or mix.

Spain

We have production plants in Seville and Almeria

Background Image

Please use the RAW image option

Back

Polypropylene & Polystyrene

Polypropylene: examples include potato bags, drinking straws, containers, tubs, plastic garden settings, baby baths and plastic boxes

Polystyrene: examples include trays, yoghurt and dairy containers, vending cups and produce boxes.


Click here to edit this background image

Learn about our partnerships

View